Monday, November 16, 2015

Hurrah for Israel!

Area: Valley Hi/Heritage
Companion: Sister Sara Risenmay

Hurrah for Israel!

Sister Risenmay and I are together for another transfer. We are very excited to have Thanksgiving together. This transfer will be a week shorter, so that the outgoing missionaries will be able to travel before the week of Christmas. And next transfer is... my final transfer. It feels like my first 12 weeks were just yesterday.

You'll never guess who became Sister Fullam's companion. Sister Bills! She just came from Serenada so it's been great to catch up with her about everyone. I'm excited to do exchanges with them!

After transfer meeting on Thursday we stopped by the distribution center by the temple to get some needed items. I was thrilled to run into a member from the Serenada ward! We were standing in the same isle and didn't even notice each other. She turned to us and asked if we would take a picture. I looked and saw that is was Sister Perry! As we got to talking her friend kindly asked us if the mission is hard. Sister Risenmay and I both immediately responded that it's not. There was another sister missionary with us who said that it is. That struck both my companion and I. We talked about it later and found that we both do not feel that this is hard. I can honestly say that there are no bad days, no bad areas, no bad companions, no bad feelings. Period. Yes, there are hardships. I can tell you that my heart has been broken a couple times, but that's life. Those don't even weigh a speck compared to the joy and the growth of helping others. I am confident in the power and authority of my calling and I am here to spread the good news of the gospel now and forever. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, with a special commission to represent him and invite others to hear and accept the message of the restoration. How great is this call. It is not hard to be a servant of the Lord when we know who we are. His gospel is simple and so is his work. What is his work exactly? "...to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." (Moses 1:39) Life is supposed to be hard, but it's amazing how when we lose ourselves in the service of God "his yoke is easy and his burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

The call to serve is a lifelong commission. One that I have always felt and will continue to live forever. We can all serve the Lord in this great and marvelous work.

{H} is doing very well. We had a pivotal lesson with her where she was able to recognize what is holding her back from being baptized. She is still a dry Mormon and is most definitely going to be baptized soon. She's already planning it, but is just having trouble pinning down a goal date.

While we were teaching an older part member couple, near the end of the lesson their troubled grandson walked past. I felt we needed to invite him in, so I called after him and we invited him to join us. To his grandparents astonishment, he willingly agreed. We told him about the Book of Mormon and testified of it's divinity. As we shared with him how it came to be and what it can do for him, his countenance changed and he had genuine desire to read it. We gave him a copy and he agreed to take lessons from us. Yes! I love those little moments when we get to teach someone who is placed in our path.

I love you all, and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Record

Pictures


This is a sister we visit on occassion. We love her!

I know it's a little early for Christmas, but we saw this sign in
Kneaders and thought it was cute.

Oh, and do you remember the shoes I came out with? I am quite proud of
their wear and tear. I still have them, and I think I'll keep them
forever... (It's kind of gross if you look too closely.)


No comments:

Post a Comment