Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Final Transfer!

Area: Leon Valley/9th Ward
Companion: Sister Nicholette Scott

My dear family and friends,

I am officially in my final transfer. I feel very lucky that this transfer is a unique 7 week transfer since the last one was shortened. I have been moved to the Leon Valley and 9th wards in the west zone. Which is not too far from the south zone where I previously served. In fact, when I was with Sister Powell, we were over the sisters in this area. I got to go on an exchange with Sister Jenkins here and saw some wonderful miracles. This transfer I have been released as a sister training leader. President Slaughter is calling it operation "spread the music". I have been asked to spread the music. To help those I'm with catch the vision. I don't feel any different than I did as a sister training leader, I still feel the same. Just like when I was first called as a sister training leader I didn't feel any different than I did the day before. I've learned that there is no such thing as "ranks" in the church. I am grateful for the different opportunities the Lord gives us to serve in different ways. I am excited to learn from my sister training leaders this transfer. I am preparing for exchanges with them and will ask them all the questions I can think of. Because I know that they are pondering and praying about how they should reach out to us. They are receiving revelation on our behalf, and I'm eager to see what is in store. It is a tender mercy to have Sister Pito, my previous companion, as one of our sister training leaders. That was no accident. The Lord knows exactly what he is doing.

It was very hard to say goodbye to Sister Risenmay and Valley Hi/Heritage, but the Lord prepared me for it in ways I would never have expected. He comforted me, and gave me the eyes to see when I've needed it most. He has heard my prayers.

As you know, In Valley Hi we were teaching {H}. They're still teaching her, and she is preparing to be baptized very soon. I might have mentioned a while back that one night Sister Risenmay and I stopped by and she had her great-nieces and nephew over. These kids were currently living with their grandmother, {H}'s sister. But that wasn't in our area. The kids have no religious background or upbringing, so {H} kindly had them listen to everything we said. And they loved us! {H} told her sister about the experience and wanted her to also meet with the missionaries. {H} has been trying to get her sister to go to the LDS church for a long time. A few weeks after that visit, the kids wanted us to come back. We didn't live in their area, so we tried sending them off as a referral, but it never really worked out.

Well, now I have been transferred to this area, and I realized on Friday that {H}'s sister and family live in the Leon Valley area! We went and visited them on Saturday. Come to find out, Barbara (her sister) told {H} that she didn't want to meet with any other missionaries other than the ones that had touched her grandchildren. She wanted {H}'s missionaries (Sister Risenmay and I). And the Lord sent me here for my final transfer... When the kids saw me, they were ecstatic and gave me a hug. We will begin teaching her shortly. What a miracle! I know that I have been sent here for many reasons. I have a testimony that the Lords work moves forward, unhindered by mortal limitations. We have taught several families in the last few days. Apparently the work was moving slowly before. But I see no evidence of that now. We have been finding people everywhere, around every corner. I feel very blessed to work with the ward members here as well. It's strange to know that I'll only be here for one transfer. I have never been in an area for only one transfer so I feel a sense of urgency to get things moving. And let me tell you, they are moving. Miracles are happening in many forms, and will continue to.

I am so grateful for all that I've learned. I know that the Lord loves me. But more importantly I know that he trusts me. As he does all who are true followers of his son Jesus Christ.

"For many are called, but few are chosen." (Matthew 22:14)

This is my deep and abiding testimony.

I am ready to sprint to the finish line now, and for eternity. All in!

Love,
Sister Record

Pictures


This is one of the cutest dogs I've met on my mission. He wasn't
annoying... most are. He randomly lifted up his paws and held them on
my hand for the longest time.

The Ayala family. Brother Ayala is one of our ward mission leaders,
and we absolutely love them!


This was one of the hardest goodbyes. We both wanted to be
companions for one more transfer, but we understand that the Lord
knows best and has another wise plan in mind.

Sister Fullam, Sister Risenmay and I. We were a trio for three days
after Sister Fullam sent Sister Bills home.

This is my new companion. Sister Nicholette Scott. She has been serving for 8 months, and is from Las Vegas, Nevada.

No comments:

Post a Comment