Monday, December 28, 2015

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Area: Leon Valley/9th Ward
Companion: Sister Nicholette Scott

I know we passed Christmas already, and the new year is not quite here, but close enough. At the very beginning of the year, President Slaughter told us what his vision for us was.

President Slaughters vision for 2015:
 1. Become fully consecrated
 2. Bury your weapons of rebellion
 3. Develop a pure heart.

In December of 2014 I had been trying to articulate what my goals for the year would be. Seeing as the entire year of 2015 would be spent on my mission, I wanted this to be special. I tried and tried to come up with something good, but it always ended up being too complicated. Then President Slaughter presented this to us. I threw out all of my ideas and plans, and simply adopted his vision as my own. It has been in the forefront of my mind ever since.

And now 2015 is coming to a close. With the power of the spirit and a clear conscience before God, I declare to you that I have become fully consecrated, I have buried my weapons of rebellion, and I have developed a pure heart. God has shaped and molded me. I thought I was a disciple of Jesus Christ before, but I had no clue what it really meant. I now know what it means and I can testify that "I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." (3 Nephi 5:13)

Preach My Gospel states, "Goals reflect the desires of our hearts and our vision of what we can accomplish. Through goals and plans our hopes are transformed into action. Goal setting and planning are acts of faith."

"The ultimate measure of success is not in achieving goals alone but in the service you render and the progress of others". (PMG ch 8, pg 146)

Goals should be used to focus outward and not inward. As we are focused on serving others, we find much more meaning to life and become more like our Savior. Which should be the ultimate goal.

I love God. It is him whom I serve. I will gladly give all that I have and am to build up his kingdom.

Sincerely,
Sister Record

Pictures


One week felt like way too long. We had a glorious reunion. The
best Christmas present I could ever imagine was to see Sister Risenmay
again.

Sister Scott and I in front of the Christmas tree. We had an amazing Christmas!

Christmas Eve at the mission home.

Sister Scott opening one of her Christmas packages. We both got one of those scarf things from a kind member. We weren't sure how to wear it at first... It turns out, it's not a scarf it's a shawl. Ha ha!

The San Antonio missionary conference with Elder Piño. He's sitting
next to President Slaughter. I'm standing behind and between President
Slaughter and Elder Piño.

We had a wonderful discussion on the different names of Christ, the
doctrine of judgment, the noble and great ones, and the meaning of
Christmas. I love President and Sister Slaughter. They are so
inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment