Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A New Trainer's Thoughts

Area: Converse
Companion: Sister Kaitlin Johnston

I have a link to Sister Johnston's blog, but I thought it would be fun to include some quotes from her recent update that we really enjoyed. Sister Johnston's opening statement in her update was,
Being a trainer is so crazy! I don’t know what the heck I’m doing haha. I even lost her at church. Horrible I know!! She’s just so tiny!
She goes on to talk about getting to know Sister Record.
Guess what? I have a daughter! On Thursday we had transfer meeting! and I had to lead the music! In front of everyone!!!!! AHHH!!! Sister Roche just kept laughing at me. The SA South Stake is doing a cool Mini Missionary thing for the Priests and Laurels. This week they are on a mission for one week. We had 31 new missionaries plus a bunch of the Minis so it was packed. I don’t remember what I was going to say about all of that, so there’s some random information. Sister Record is 19 and super tiny, so sometimes I feel like a giant. She’s really eager to learn and loves the gospel! She wants to get to know the whole ward in one day, so that might take a little longer. But she’s great! I just threw her in some lessons and forgot maybe she doesn’t know what shes doing.. oops! She did great though! Even though she was terrified! Some days I forget that I know what I’m doing and don’t think it’s possible, but as soon as we start working it ends up ok! Bishop made Sister Record speak. He wanted it to be a Sunday morning surprise, but luckily the Secretary didn’t get the memo so she had some prep time.
We are grateful for such a great trainer and know Sister Record will learn a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment