Thursday, August 7, 2014

Another Week! :)

Area: MTC
Companion: Sister Raelynn Pito

It has been an incredible week! I feel so blessed to be here at the MTC. When I was feeling sick earlier last week, I asked the Elders in my district for a priesthood blessing. They all joined in. It was powerful. I really appreciate the prayers and support on my behalf. They work! I assure you that I'm back to normal with my health. I just need to keep watching what I eat.

I can hardly believe how many miracles I have seen in the past two weeks. I have grown so much already, along with my companion, Sister Pito.  One of the biggest blessings I am seeing is that I'm learning how to be obedient AND have fun. Ha ha! I can totally see why Sister Pito and I were put together. Being with her has helped me loosen up. I didn't realize it, but I was stiff as a board when I first came into the MTC. I still have a lot to learn, but it's definitely safe to say that my time spent here has been life changing. My companion and I are almost polar opposites, but know how to communicate and love one another anyways. She is great! I've mentioned before what incredible faith she has. Our most powerful moments are when we kneel to pray together, and when we teach with the spirit.

Another wonderful blessing I've felt is the presence of angels lifting me up and strengthening me. Particularly Grandma Rowely. I feel her presence every day. I feel such a connection with her. She has been very present during the hard times. I know others have to, but I'm always aware of her. I am reminded of when I was set apart. One of the things said in the blessing was that angels would be behind me and beside me, or something like that. I not only believe that, but I know that.

On Sunday evenings, we see one of four films. The sister's in my district and I went to go see "The Character of Christ" by David A. Bednar. It's an address he gave in the MTC in I think 2001. It was so amazing. It talked about how the character of Christ is turning out and not in. Conversion is a turning away from the natural man. We can only become deeply converted by giving ourselves to the Lord and being selfless. It really helped me to evaluate where I am and what I need to improve. It helped me better internalize that this mission has nothing to do with me. It has everything to do with Jesus Christ and His sheep.

We do a lot of roll plays here, but we did something a little different a couple times that I really liked. Instead of teaching "an investigator" we taught our companion or whoever we were teaching as themselves. It was real. It wasn't a practice. We were administering to that person's needs, and it was really cool. I enjoyed following the spirit and helping them. I also received some much needed counsel when I was paired with an Elder in the district. I don't think I'll ever forget it.

I'm grateful for my teachers who have played an important role in fostering learning and growth in class. Sister Harper and Brother Tialavea are awesome! (Brother T. is Samoan).

Yesterday was a fun day, because the Sister's in our district really bonded. (Sister Savannah Barrick, Sister Victoria Foster, and Sister Pito and I). The Elders left that morning so it was just us in class. It was a really good day. It also rained that evening and we all danced in the rain. They were a little more enthusiastic than I was, but it was super fun. We took some great pictures.

I love being a missionary! I will always cherish the memories and experiences I've had here at the MTC. It is priceless. I am looking forward to leaving for Texas tomorrow. Even though we have to be at the travel office at 4:30am... :D Sister Barrick has never flown before, so we'll probably be doing some pep talking before we get on the plane. I am most excited to meet President and Sister Slaughter because I know what important people they will be in my life for the next 18 months and beyond. I feel connected with them already. I don't know if I told you, but they've only been serving a year. So I'll get them my whole mission! :)

Again, thank you so much for the support. Letters brighten a missionaries day like nothing else. I'm am so grateful for family and friends. I love you!

Sincerely,

Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment