Monday, September 22, 2014

A New Companion

Area: Converse
Previous Companion: Sister Kaitlin Johnston
New Companion: Sister Sarah Felix

Questions

1. What is your companion's name?
Sister Sarah Felix

2. Where is she from?
Seattle, Washington

3. Have you tried the "power hour" idea Lorielle shared with you before you left? If so, can you share what happened?
I have not tried the "power hour" idea yet. I really want to. I'll definitely be discussing that with Sister Felix and finding ways to do it.

4. Where have you seen the greatest growth in yourself?
Applying the principles in Preach my Gospel and relying on the promises is where I am seeing the most growth. I still have so much to learn, but I've come a long way since I first got here. Preach my Gospel is a handbook for missionary work. Implementing the principles is much harder than I thought it would be. It takes tremendous effort and relying on the Lord. It is designed to help us grow and become the missionary the Lord has intended for us to become.

I encourage everyone, as you look for missionary opportunities, to study Preach my Gospel. It will open your eyes, and inspire you with thoughts and ideas of how you can be an active participant in the work of salvation. Remember, who is the work of salvation for? It is for every single one of Heavenly Father's children. Whether they are of a different faith than us, non-religious, less active in our faith, or an active member of our faith. The Lord wants everyone to come closer to him. Visiting teaching, home teaching, family history work, sharing declarations of truth on social media or otherwise, being friendly to neighbors, and building up our own families are all some ways that we can be anxiously engaged. There are many other ways. Pray, and ask Heavenly Father for opportunities to serve his children, and have the courage to act on the prompting when it comes. If you miss an opportunity, don't miss the next. So I suppose another thing I've grown tremendously in in my conviction in this work. This is Jesus Christ's church. It is His work. And we ALL have a part to play. It doesn't matter how simple. Most of the time, those small things are really the big things. "Through small and simple things are great things brought to pass."

5. What miracles have you seen this week?
I've definitely seen some miracles this week. One of them is receiving the companion that I did. Sister Felix is evidence that Heavenly Father knows my heart. She is an incredible missionary! Her and I get along great. I know we're going to work really well together.

I talked about some others in my audio update. :) Miracles are beginning to happen in Converse! Obedience is the key. As companions are unified in their vision and commitment to the Lord, and are exactly obedient together, amazing things happen! :)
Man, sorry I couldn't get the audio update to send. It was too big! I don't have a whole lot of time to write an update. I'll have to give you a better update next week. I love all ya'll!

A mission is the best! :)

Guess what! Sister Pito, my MTC companion, is a trainer now!! I didn't even know that was possible! She's still finishing her own training. She is SO AWESOME!! I love her so much, and I hope we're companions again. She is an incredible missionary, and is going to be an amazing trainer.

Sorry the update didn't work this week. It's been a good week, and I'll be sure to give a really good update next week.

Sister Record

Photos

 
Sister [L], Sister Johnston and Sister Record, Braiding hair

Goforth and Serve! Sister Johnston and Sister Record

Sister Record, Sister [K] and Sister Johnston

Sister Record and Sister Johnston

Sister [C], Sister Record, Brother [C] and Sister Johnston

Sister Johnston, Sister [A] Sister Record, little doggy

[S] and [M], Sister Record and Sister Johnston

Saying good bye to Sister Johnston

The [M] Family

Sister Johnston and Sister Record saying good bye at transfers

Sister Felix and I after transfer meeting

Pictures at San Antonio temple

A random frog... Had a lot of fun with that. :)

Sister Felix and the frog

Sister Felix, but no princes yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment