Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Charity, The Greatest of All

Area: Serenada/Georgetown
Companion: Sister Raelynn Pito
Companion: Sister Rachel Bills

"...cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail. But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever..." (See Moroni 7:46-47)

The pure love of Christ is the driving force of his disciples in doing His work. This week I learned a powerful lesson. That is that we must love the Lord first. Before anyone, or anything else. We must love the Lord and seek to please him before we do our families, our closest friends, our companions, and all people we meet. If we do not love the Lord and seek him first, then it doesn't matter how much we try and prove our love to someone. We cannot truly love someone without first loving the Lord. In other words, when we love Christ, our love for others grows and we can then love them as He loves them. We often hear of the 5 love languages. It is fascinating and informative to look at different ways people express or feel love. Though it is a wonderful way to look at the concept, there is really only one love language. One that everyone understands and feels. That is charity.

Looking back, Sister Pito and I have come so far. I consider her one of my dearest friends. Why is that? In the MTC we were so different. It's amazing how much we didn't know each other. I was stiff as a board, and she was the opposite. We could rarely agree on things. We learned to love each other by the end of those two weeks. During my first transfer, I prayed earnestly that we would be companions again sometime. Come to find out later when we were companions again, she did too. Even last transfer, we had to work to understand each other. We are now dear friends. So why? Because we love the Lord. I am so grateful for all that I have learned from Sister Pito. She is a strong, determined, dedicated servant of the Lord.

It is amazing how powerful the gift of charity is. "Pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with his love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his son, Jesus Christ." (Moroni 7:48)

Sister Bills is amazing too. I just love all of my companions!

On Sunday {J} was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was such a special experience. The joy I felt for her was indescribable. If that was all that happened on this mission, I would be satisfied. There is a noticeable difference in her eyes. She has such a sweet spirit.  Her life, and her heart have been changed, and her family will see that. She does everything we invite her to do.

We also had the opportunity to teach {D} and his four kids. The oldest is 11, the youngest is almost 2. They are all so eager to learn, and full of childlike faith. When we asked them questions, they answered everything so accurately. It was fun to play follow the leader to help the kids understand the role of a prophet. Elder Adair came with Sister Bills and I, and Sister Pito went on a split with someone in the ward. I love teaching kids, they are so smart!

We played kick ball for Zone P-day. It was pretty fun, and hot. Ha ha.

Happy Birthday yesterday to my brother, Jason! It's crazy that you're already 23. Love ya, Jay!

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment