Monday, December 15, 2014

A New Companion

Area: Converse
Companion: Sister Victoria Foster
New Assignment: Senior Companion

"Brethren, shall we not go on is so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage brethren; and on, on to victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad..." D&C 128:22

I felt deeply impressed by this verse when I read it this morning. It is exactly how I feel. I think it has become my new motto. I'll add it to my other motto: "His love demands my soul, my life, my all."

Sister Record and Sister Foster

I am humbled to accept the call as senior companion. There is a different mantle than there was as junior companion, and I definitely feel the grace of the Savior strengthening and enabling me to do what he's asked me to. Sister Foster is my new companion! Funny story; we were in the MTC together. She was in the same room as me, and I totally knew we were going to be companions someday! I could not believe when I heard that she was my new companion. It was pretty exciting. Ha ha! I had to wait a few hours with another companionship because she was coming from Austin. It doesn't end there. She's my "step-sister" because Sister Johnston, my previous trainer finished her training right after beginning my training (hopefully I haven't lost anyone with that sentence). Sister Felix, my second trainer served in the ward that Sister Foster and Sister Johnston were in together. That is difficult to explain in writing. But it's all connected! :D

This has been an incredible week. I was really sad to say see ya later to Sister Felix. But I feel confident and ready for this new phase. Elder Hamula of the Seventy came a couple months ago and talked about some things we can improve on as a mission. One of them is having faith to succeed and talking to everyone. He said that "preaching by the way is the price we must pay to succeed in all things." Indeed it is. It is so true!! I have a personal witness of that. I can hardly believe the sense of confidence that I feel. At this point in my mission, I feel more committed then I have ever felt. I genuinely feel faith to succeed. I am more "all in" than ever before. I thought I had already arrived months ago, but now I've really arrived. I am so grateful for the Saviors hand in the lives of each individual, and in my life.

Miracles are happening everyday! On Friday we were led by the spirit and found a family of like, 10 and taught them a lesson. In that same hour we found about 4 other people and set return appointments. It was all in about an hour at the same apartment complex. Wow! Blessing are flooding down on us. Obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles. The Lord truly does provide a way for us to accomplish the things he asks of us. (See 1 Nephi 3:7)

Random story; On one of our last days together, Sister Felix and I had to walk for a really long time to a bus stop because we didn't have a ride. A couple minutes after we got to the bus stop a woman was dropped off and sat down by us. We gave her a "He is the Gift" card and got to talking. Turns out she's met with missionaries before, but has never really acted on what they say. She's really searching for direction in her life. She told us how every time she runs into a Mormon she feels that God is trying to tell her something. We invited her to read the Book of Mormon and find out for herself what her purpose in life is. We only had so much time, but the spirit was so strong. It's really interesting how the Lord guides us to people. We were initially kind of annoyed because we hadn't planned on walking all that way. A miracle ended up happening. The Savior stands at the head of His work. My testimony of that grows everyday. That woman will continue to be taught by the missionaries in her area.

Mom and Dad, happy anniversary on the 17th. I love you and am so glad you got married for all eternity. I'm grateful that you're my parents and that you're always in love. You're an example to me. Thanks again! I should be able to call before 1:00 on Christmas. And it'll be skype. :)

Last week was a real blur. It's been good! :)

Merry Christmas!

Love,
Sister Record

Sister Record and Sister Felix with TSAM rings

Sister Record and Sister Felix

Sister Felix and Sister Record

Sister Record with her elf hat and monster teeth her brother sent her.

No comments:

Post a Comment