Monday, December 29, 2014

I Have Truly Felt Your Prayers

Area: Converse
Companion: Sister Victoria Foster

It has been an incredible week! Wow! I have truly felt your prayers, and have seen many miracles. I loved seeing y'all on Christmas. I still can't believe how much Eric has changed... And the Popi [the family dog] is still alive. Ha ha.

Silly Sister Missionaries
The day before Christmas Eve we were walking down a street to a woman we had planned to see. I felt the distinct impression to go to the house with the giant chicken trailer. (It was a food truck with a chicken on it, and it was definitely attention grabbing) Ha ha. I waved it off at first because it was a little out of the way, but the impression came back. So we went to that house and ended up meeting a Father. He was very open and listened intently as we taught him the Restoration on his doorstep. He and his kids were wrapping presents and cleaning the house before his wife got home, but he stopped and listened for a good 5 minutes. He had never heard of Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon, and he was so genuine in wanting to learn more. As we were about to finish, he had to get back to cleaning the house before his wife got home. He asked us if we could come back. Before we got too far, a lady (his aunt?) came out and asked what that guys name is again. We told her "Joseph Smith" and she thanked us. We got a little ways away when I felt that we needed to go back. In the rush, we had forgotten to give him a Book of Mormon. We walked back and gave him a Book of Mormon. We testified of it's truthfulness. And told him that if he wants to learn about Joseph Smith before we come back, to read this book. He was so genuine in thanking us. I was just amazed at how the spirit led us to him. This family is so prepared!

Sister Missionaries of the Texas San Antonio Mission. Sister Record is front, middle and slightly to the left in a grey blouse.

That same day we had a lesson with [S]. We taught him the principle of fasting and how it blesses our lives. We invited him to fast and pray about a baptism date. He committed to and also decided on his own to fast about another issue he's been struggling with. We saw him a few days after and followed up on how it went. He said he did it, but still hadn't gotten a real clear answer. He expressed that he knows God will answer in his own time, and that he would not lose faith. On Sunday the lesson in the Gospel Principles class was on exaltation. It was so good, and the spirit was so strong as we talked about the sacred ordinances that must happen for us to ultimately reach exaltation. I turned to him after and asked, "What did you learn today." He paused for a moment and said, "I need to be baptised". We had a good talk on how he had just received an answer to his fasting and prayers. He had the important aha moment that he has been waiting for, and he recognized that God answered him. He also recognized the answer to his other concern that he had been fasting about. I asked him if he would be baptised this Saturday, and he said he would! I know that miracles happen, that God is in charge, and I know that he can be baptised this Saturday. If he is not, he will be very soon. But we will be doing everything we can to help him move in that direction. It was such a neat experience. I get really excited and feel calm, peaceful chills every time I think about it! :D

Christmas was wonderful. We ate breakfast and skyped. Later that day we visited several people. Two of them were home bound women. We sang Christmas songs for them, and shared "He is the Gift". We had a wonderful Christmas dinner. A friend of the family we ate with shared her conversion story. She is one of those incredible miracles that new the truth right when she heard it and was baptised immediately. She has an incredible journey. I have come to know that the Lord really is preparing people right now, in this area. (See Alma 13:24) He is indeed preparing his children in every part of the world.



Thank you for all your prayers. I really mean it when I say I feel them. I feel an increase of strength and capacity to do the Lord's work. I love being here. I love being a missionary. I love the Lord. I am humbled to feel his enabling power each and every day. He is my rock. I am so grateful for my family. I love you all so much. But I love the Saviour more.

All in!

Sincerely,
Sister Record

P.S. I hope y'all haven't stopped praying for missionary opportunities. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment